4. Tablet use is on the rise, so mobile capability is more important than ever: Average users spend 13.9 hours per week on their tablets. Ipads, Kindles, Nooks, notebooks and other similar devices are becoming the new laptop. Conduct a survey with your clients and prospects in order to understand how they use their tablets. Then, use your survey data to refine your marketing strategies that target tablet users.
5. Texting is omnipresent: Average users exchange 35 text messages per day. Texting with friends and family has become an integral part of the global communication infrastructure. Is there is any possible communication that your clients and leads would like to receive via text? Be tactful and careful not to go overboard though. Unsolicited, unwanted texts are highly vexing.
6. Reading email on smart devices has increased 80% in the last six months: Smartphones and tablets have become major platforms for email use. Ensure that your email marketing messages displays properly on mobile devices to maximize the results of your lead nurturing. Your website should also have full mobile capability.
7. 27% of TV sets shipped worldwide in the first quarter of 2012 had internet connectivity: Internet connectivity is really becoming standard for all devices. With the internet taking center stage in more and more living rooms, you should calculate how this change may disrupt any broadcast marketing tactics. Services, like OnDemand and Netflix, let views bypass direct video advertising in exchange for a viewing or subscription fee. To stay current in inbound marketing, you must continually adapt to changing market conditions.
8. By 2016, over 50% of the money spent in American retail will be influenced by the web: Business is happening more and more online. Ensure that your website is streamlined, mobile-equipped and provides an easy way for customers to purchase your products or services.
9. In any given week, less than 0.5% of Facebook fans engage with the brand they have “liked”: Companies are not producing the right types of content and experience to engage their fans. Ask your Facebook fans what they want to see; then, give it to them.
10. 45% of the 2 billion global internet users are located in Asia. If you actively sell and market to Asian markets, the internet is a channel that you cannot afford to neglect. To succeed in foreign markets, your marketing efforts need to take local cultural norms into account.
Which of these 10 statistics is most shocking to you? How will you use this data to your advantage? Would you like to benefit from our agency’s expertise and stay ahead of current trends in inbound marketing? Inbound Marketing Resources is here to help get your business on track with an extensive and targeted online marketing strategy.