Now that you have optimized your website which is now pulling in traffic and have started generating leads, it is important to track your progress. You need to know what you are doing right, and what needs to be improved. It is important to know how many vistors you are getting per month, how many vistors you are converting into leads. and how many leads you are converting into customers. Why is it so important that you have this information? Because if you know how many customers you need to earn an ideal ROI, you can determine how much traffic you need on your site every month to earn that ROI. And, with that amount in mind, you can create an effective strategy for optimizing your website even further to attract evough traffic to reach your goal.
Read>>> Content Analytics to Measure ROI
These are the 5 basic metrics your should be tracking in order to know how well your marketing efforts are paying off:
1) Website Grade - The great thing about this score is that is it very easy to understand (who doesn't comprehend a 1 to 100 score?), and it compares you against your peers (currently over 70,000 other websites), and it is based on a number of different metrics so it summarizes data to save time.
Try it!: Grade your website's lead funnel. Click Here.
2) Website Traffic - This is the total number of unique visitors to your website over a time period, usually a month. At a high level, this gives you a sense of the overall interest in your business, and if the marketing programs you are doing are working or not.
3) Leads - This is the next step in the sales funnel, and is the most important metric for measuring your marketing efforts.
Read>>> How to Interpret Prospect Behavior to Shorten the Sales Cycle
4) New Customers - "How many sales did you close this month?" is probably the most important question you should answer for your business.
5) Customer Acquisition Cost - Many businesses don't compute this on an ongoing basis, but knowing the total sales and marketing cost for each new customer (on average each month) is important. It gives you a good sense of how your business is going, and if it is getting easier or harder to grow.
Click here to see 5 additional metrics you should be tracking so that you can make informed choices about what to change in your marketing to continuously improve your results.
<<< Back to Services