Inbound marketing is an effective way to increase lead generation and create new business. You can generate more leads via your inbound marketing by creating and sharing relevant, engaging and information-rich content through your blog and premium content, including whitepapers, ebooks and webinars. In order to make all your content creation worthwhile, you need to take decisive action with email lead nurturing. In nurturing your inbound marketing leads, you will learn more about the specific interests prospects have in your business and then be able to provide them with additional information about the unique value your business can provide through targeted email marketing campaigns.
You should create segmented email lists based on the content that prospects download, the information they provide via your calls to action, and the comments they make about your content. Once you do this, you will be able to provide targeted, custom-tailored lead nurturing through various email marketing campaigns. Email lead nurturing is the way to move prospects all the way through the sales funnel, get more from your inbound marketing strategy, and achieve success with your business.
Email Lead Nurturing Best Practices
Designate a real person at your company to send the lead-nurturing emails, and ensure that prospects can actually reply to that real, live person. Being able to reply to an actual person makes prospects feel more valued and assists in setting the stage for a positive business relationship. Personalize your emails any way you can, such as including the recipient’s first name and his or her company name. If you know how the prospect first came into contact with your company, reference that history as well. Adhering to these guidelines will show that you care about the identity of your recipients and are not blasting emails to just any email address in your database. The tone of your emails should be friendly and authentic.
Timing and Frequency
The timing and frequency of your email lead nurturing is important. You can easily upset people by emailing them too much and end up in their spam folder. However, you also do not want them to forget about you and your business. There is a delicate balance to figuring out the best the timing and frequency of your email lead nurturing. Every market is not the same, so it is best to experiment and discover what works best for your audience. Emailing someone every day for a month is never a good idea. Remember, while making the sale is your top priority, immediate buying might not be a top priority for your prospect. It is critical to stay in contact without making your prospects feel hounded or pressured. When a lead comes in through your website, do your best to respond the same business day in a positive, straightforward and personable manner.
14 Vital Email Marketing Statistics
In order to succeed in a competitive marketplace, you need access to high-quality data, and you need to know how to use it your advantage with inbound marketing. With access to good data, you will be equipped to beat your competition. Get data on your side, and attract qualified leads. Here are 14 statistics from HubSpot that you can use to amplify your email marketing:
1. 80.8% of users report reading email on mobile devices.
2. 12% of people use separate work and personal inboxes.
3. Over 50% of respondents say they read “most of” their emails.
4. “Secrets” is the most clicked lead nurturing subject line word.
5. “Posts” and “Jobs” are the most clicked subject line words.
6. Click-through rate (CTR) is higher when using the recipient’s first name in the subject line over no use of the first name.
7. CTR is higher when using the recipient’s company name in the subject line over no company mention.
8. 88% prefer to receive HTML emails, while 12% who prefer plain text from companies.
9. 65% prefer emails that contain mostly images vs. 35% who prefer mostly text.
10. Your most recent subscribers are the most likely to click through.
11. Saturday has the highest CTR at over 9%, while Sunday is second with just under 9%.
12. 6 am has the highest CTR of any hour.
13. Most unsubscriptions happen on Tuesdays with 0.52% unsubscribe rate.
14. Clicks by button text: “Click Here” gets the highest % of clicks over “Go” and “Submit.”
These statistics illustrate the critical importance of nurturing your prospects via targeted email marketing. Use these statistics to guide you in streamlining your email lead nurturing. A complete, fully coordinated and targeted lead nurturing strategy is necessary to get the best results and generate new business. Innovative Marketing Resources is available to help plan and execute successful lead nurturing for your business. Increase your lead conversion rate, and rise above your competition with effective lead nurturing.