The creation of interesting, engaging content is a challenge on the mind of every marketing director and many small business owners. Dynamic content creation is an essential and critical part of inbound marketing. Effective content is the way to achieve greater business lead generation and inbound marketing success. Let us assume that you are on board with quality content creation. Once you have produced engaging, information-rich content, you need to promote it. P.T. Barnum said it best: “Without promotion something terrible happens…nothing!” To make all your content creation efforts worthwhile, it is important to use a variety of proven promotion tactics.
Consistently Create a Variety of Relevant, Engaging and Informative Content
Forms of content should include blog posts, ebooks, whitepapers, webinars and press releases. To capture a large audience, you need to take advantage of many content mediums. Your content needs to be highly relevant, answer questions, solve problems and present data to back up your assertions. Content also needs to be well written; style matters.
Make Your Content Highly Visible to Prospects
Ensure that your content can be easily found. You want prospects to find your content, as they are conducting searches, actively researching and ready to buy. Here are a number of ways you can make this happen:
- SEO: Keyword research and the development of buyer personas will help you attract prospects. Using the same language as prospects to frame a problem will help draw them to your website content.
- Social Media Marketing: Advertising on social networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter allows you to target ads based on information that prospects provide in their user profiles. Targeting your ads means increased relevance.
- Content Syndication: Sharing your content on syndication sites like Business 2 Community and Social Media Today can help you reach a much larger captive audience.
- Newsjacking: Relating your content to a hot topic in popular culture or news can help generate increased attention for your content.
Promote Your Content Through Lead Nurturing
Effective lead nurturing requires gathering information on your prospects. Knowing what their interests are will help you create segmented email lists, customized messages and personalized communication. To promote content relevant to your prospects, you need to learn something about each of them, which will allow you to target content effectively. Once you learn something about their preferences, interests, demographics and location, delivering relevant content becomes much easier. You should use first names whenever possible to foster a sense of familiarity and trust. To create segmented promotions for your content, there are numerous factors you can use:
- Demographics, including name, email address, phone number, job title and company name, are a good place to start.
- Company information, such as location, annual revenue, number of employees and industry allow further segmentation.
- Past behavior, including previous purchases, responses to emails and actions taken on your website, can be used to identify the interests of prospects and their place in the sales funnel.
Continually measuring and adjusting your lead nurturing is essential. You need to determine which messages resonate and which do not and identify the content promotion forums that most effectively amplify the reach and influence of your content. At Innovative Marketing Resources, we use HubSpot, which greatly simplifies marketing analysis and effective lead nurturing. If you are at loss about how to promote your content and nurture your leads, Innovative Marketing Resources is here to help.